Last week there was a #hashtag on Twitter which was something along the lines of ‘advice to your 16 year old self’. So what would my advice to be my 16 year old self be??? Well:
- You aren’t that fat, even though you think you are. Make the most of it because you will never be this thin again and believe me you are hawt!!!
Travelling the world seems like a lot of fun and really it is however, the future would really appreciate you training on the stock market/journalism route now so that in 18 years time you are not still stuck in your home Town.....you’ll be living in Dulwich or Knightsbridge instead!!!
- Respect yourself. I cannot reinforce this one enough. You don’t have to relinquish control for Men to fall in love with you.
Your taste in clothes and music rocks!!
Your Mum knows a lot more than you think. Quit rolling your eyes at her and listen instead ;-)
- Stop skipping school with JoJo and actually revise for your exams....you will still be best friends in 20 years so all that gossiping about idiotic boys can wait.
- Spend as much time as possible with your Dad. You don’t know it yet but you only have 18 months left with him. At 34 the only regret you will ever have is leaving your Dad alone that last weekend. When he is gone make sure that you get some grief counselling so you don’t spend the next 10 years a drunken mess!!!
- At 16 the life you imagine for yourself in California is one of being a size 6 and drinking at the Whisky a Go-Go with Nikki Sixx. The life that you actually end up with there is even better.
Sex is not enough......no matter much you try to convince yourself it will work.
- Chick’s Dad will be a Clown. He admittedly is VERY handsome and smells like the most gorgeous thing in the World but you have to put your foot down. Life would be a million times easier if you force him to face up to it from the start.
I think that’s about it.....although I’m sure that as I soon as I hit publish a fabulous piece of advice will pop into my brain! What would you tell your 16 year old self??
This is a pic of me and JoJo at 16....she's going to kill me when she sees this ;-)